[R] Is it possible to use glm() with 30 observations?

Kerry Bush kerryrekky at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 04:43:34 CEST 2005

I have a very simple problem. When using glm to fit
binary logistic regression model, sometimes I receive
the following warning:

Warning messages:
1: fitted probabilities numerically 0 or 1 occurred
in: glm.fit(x = X, y = Y, weights = weights, start =
start, etastart = etastart,
2: fitted probabilities numerically 0 or 1 occurred
in: glm.fit(x = X, y = Y, weights = weights, start =
start, etastart = etastart,

What does this output tell me? Since I only have 30
observations, i assume this is a small sample problem.
Is it possible to fit this model in R with only 30
observations? Could any expert provide suggestions to
avoid the warning?