[R] plot svm

bgmail ramos.beatriz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 16:01:05 CEST 2005

Hello
I'm working with DNA microarrays and want to classify them with SVM.  I
want to plot the results and it's imposible for me. I found others
tutorials and examples (with iris and cats data) where you can plot the
results with plot.svm, but you need to write a formula and I don't know
how to do this with golubEsets data, for example .

plot ( svm1,  golubTrain,  formula)

For example, Iris Data:
   Sepal.Length   Sepal.Width   Petal.Length   Petal.Width    Species
1            5.1               3.5                1.4
0.2            setosa
2            4.9               3.0                1.4
0.2            setosa
3            4.7               3.2                1.3
0.2            setosa
4            4.6               3.1                1.5
0.2            setosa
5            5.0               3.6                1.4
0.2            setosa
6            5.4               3.9                1.7
0.4            setosa
7            4.6               3.4                1.4
0.3            setosa
8            5.0               3.4                1.5
0.2            setosa

m2 <- svm(Species~., data = iris)
plot(m2, iris, Petal.Width ~ Petal.Length, slice = list(Sepal.Width = 3,
Sepal.Length = 4))

I should be grateful if you would send me information about how to plot
the golubEsets data (for example the formula, because I have tested
several options but neither of them work). My data are very similar
(expression values with several conditions), so I could plot my results
if I knew how to plot golub data.

Thanks a lot

Beatriz