[R] Startup Files (RProfile) and R-Aqua

Thomas Hopper tomhopper at comcast.net
Mon Jan 31 01:45:19 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm having some difficulty understanding the documentation relative to
the startup files with R-Aqua 2.0.1 for Mac OS X.

Specifically, I'm wondering: where does R search for the startup files
(my home directory at Users:<me>:?); how should they be named
(.RProfile will be treated by Mac OS X as a system file and be hidden,
so I'm wondering if it should just be RProfile)? I can't find this
platform-specific information in any of the documentation.

As a related issue, where would I store my home-grown functions? Would
RProfile be a good place to keep them?

Thank you,

Tom