[R] t-test or conf interval with known variance?

Thomas Hopper tomhopper at comcast.net
Sun Jan 30 14:06:07 CET 2005

Hello,

Is there a built-in test in R for hypothesis testing with samples of
known variance?

For example, I've got a set of data, a mean to compare against, and a
known variance, and I want to determine the p-value for which I can
reject the null hypothesis (mu_1 = mu_0) and accept the alternative
(mu_1 > mu_0). I've found that JMP and Minitab can both do this (in
JMP, it's a one-sided confidence interval in the Distribution
platform), but I haven't figured out how to do such a test in R.

Thanks,

Tom