[R] Conflicts using Rcmdr, nlme and lme4

CG Pettersson cg.pettersson at evp.slu.se
Sun Jan 30 09:11:38 CET 2005

Thanks a lot, both to Prof Bates and Prof Fox.
I see at least some bits of the light now.

One original question remaines though:
Why do all these (22 of them) packages autoload in the first place?
I don´t want them to.

It must have something to do with the original loading from Rcmdr, as
(for example) nlme does *not* autoload by itself no matter how many
lme objects there are in a reopened workspace, this is good as far as
I am concerned. It is especially strange as Rcmdr itself does not
outoload.

How do I supress this behavior?

Thanks
/CG

28 Jan,  John Fox wrote:
-------------------
> Dear CG,
>
> An addendum to my previous response: If you do decide to recompile
the Rcmdr
> package to eliminate the dependency on nlme, as I suggested, you'll
also
> have to edit the .onLoad() function in the package (which is in the
file
> startup.R in the source package) to remove "nlme" from the vector of
> required packages.
>
> Regards,
>  John
>
> --------------------------------
> John Fox
> Department of Sociology
> McMaster University
> Hamilton, Ontario
> Canada L8S 4M4
> 905-525-9140x23604
> http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox
> --------------------------------

Pettersson
> > Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 5:15 AM
> > To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
> > Subject: [R] Conflicts using Rcmdr, nlme and lme4
> >
> > Hello all!
> >
> > R2.0.1, W2k. All packages updated.
> >
> > I´m heavily dependant on using mixed models. Up til´now I have
used
> > lme() from nlme as I have been told to. Together with
> > estimable() from gmodels it works smooth. I also often run
> > Rcmdr, mostly for quick graphics.

...snip...

CG Pettersson, MSci, PhD Stud.
Dep. of Ecology and Crop Production. Box 7043
SE-750 07 Uppsala