[R] Help with R and Bioconductor

Ashok Veeraraghavan vashok at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 02:19:27 CET 2005

Hi Jeff,

First of all thanks for the response. But i still am encountering some
problems with installing bioconductor.

I did remove the directory 00Lock.
I ran getBioC("affy")

During the installation i get a warning several times.
chmod:/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Version/2.0.1/Resources/library/R.css:Operation
Not Permitted
Is this warning message critical to the installation?

Moreover at the end of the Installation i also got this message. I
have appended that message to the end of this email.

Question 1.
Package Annotate was not updated. Why wasnt it updated. How can i update it?

Question 2.
Should i be worried abt the other warning messages?

Thanks
Regards
Ashok

Packages that were not updated:
        annotate

Warning messages:
1:
 Package annotate version 1.5.1 suggests zebrafish
Package annotate version 1.5.1 suggests xenopuslaevis
 in: resolve.depends(pkgInfo, repEntry, force, lib = lib,
searchOptions = searchOptions,
2: Installation of package annaffy had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
3:
 Package annotate version 1.5.1 suggests zebrafish
Package annotate version 1.5.1 suggests xenopuslaevis
 in: resolve.depends(pkgInfo, repEntry, force, lib = lib,
searchOptions = searchOptions,
4: Installation of package Rgraphviz had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
5: Installation of package geneplotter had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
6:
 Package annotate version 1.5.1 suggests zebrafish
Package annotate version 1.5.1 suggests xenopuslaevis
 in: resolve.depends(pkgInfo, repEntry, force, lib = lib,
searchOptions = searchOptions,