[R] some questions about font

Bobai Li b-li1 at northwestern.edu
Wed Jan 26 18:54:15 CET 2005

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your help!

1. I know how to use "expression(italic(whatever))", but I don't know
how to make "expression(whatever)" to produce italic font.

2. With regard to the CM font, I guess psfrag may be to best way to get
around the problem. Indeed, I have been using psfrag since I am also
using LaTeX. My only complaint is that I have yet to find out an easy
way to export  the modified  graph  back to  the EPS format (to be used
in other documents).  I know how to do it the hard way, but here I am
talking about handling some 100 graphic files (It would be more
efficient to have a R file to create all graphic files with psfrag tags
and a latex file to replace the tags and export individual graphs to
EPS; and it would be ideal if the latex file can also be generated
automatically from R)

3. If you don't mind, I would like ask another question: how to write a
function f(x) to define---      x <<- "x"

Many thanks for your help!

Bobai