[R] Deleted objects keep coming back

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Wed Jan 26 12:15:49 CET 2005

When you start you R session, see if it says

  [Previously saved workspace restored]

immediately before the first command prompt.

I think the only way a workspace can be restored automatically is if you
used save.image() at some point, in which case it would save all objects
as a hidden file called ".RData".

Another way a different workspace would have been saved if it was
specified in .Rprofile, Rprofile.site. See help(Startup) for more
information about the order of files that R reads in.