[R] parameter couldn't be set in high-level plot() function

R user R-user at zutt.org
Tue Jan 25 19:01:44 CET 2005

Think the problem I had with the bandplot (gplots) function is solved by
changing the expand.dots = FALSE to expand.dots = TRUE.
Don't understand actually why it says FALSE here, because that means it
does *not* pass extra arguments to plot.
If I change it to TRUE, my main/xlab/ylab arguments are passed just like
I wanted.

fragment of bandplot[gplots]

    if (!add) {
        m <- match.call(expand.dots = FALSE)
        m$width <- m$add <- m$sd <- m$sd.col <- NULL
        m$method <- m$n <- NULL
        m[[1]] <- as.name("plot")
        mf <- eval(m, parent.frame())
    }