[R] lme (and glmmPQL)

Pavel Khomski pkhomski at wiwi.uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jan 25 18:15:46 CET 2005

Hello!

hier one question about the limits in the number of random effects
specified by the random part in lme-Call.

could the Call to lme(...) realy fail only becouse of too large
random-structure part in lme(..., random=....) ?
I really would need many random parameters in the model, to be specified
for example by the following:

lme(...,
random=list(my.Subject=pdBlocked(list(pdIdent(value=diag(vector_1),form=,nam=),

pdIdent(value=diag(vector_2),form=,nam=),

      pdIdent(value=diag(vector_3),form=,nam=),

pdIdent(value=diag(vector_30),form=,nam=)
                         ))),

...)

Has anybody got such a problem with lme(...) or glmmPQL(...) or
relative problems?

Thanks a lot in advance.