[R] GLM function with poisson distribution

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Tue Jan 25 17:42:00 CET 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Florian Menzel wrote:

> Hello all,
> I found a weird result of the GLM function that seems
> to be a bug.

No, the problem is that you are using the Wald test when the mle is
infinite, which is always going to be unreliable.  It's even worse because
you are using data that couldn't really have come from a Poisson
distribution (because for a=1 you have mean 3 and variance 0).

If you used anova(model) to get a likelihood ratio test the p-value would
be 4e-10.

 	-thomas