[R] more question

Mulholland, Tom Tom.Mulholland at dpi.wa.gov.au
Tue Jan 25 09:10:22 CET 2005

The answers to your questions are in the text below. However these questions are generally answered in the base documentation. You might try going through the Keywords by Topic which on the windows system at least) is accessed by going through the html help entry on the help menu. Once your browser is open select "Search Engine & Keywords." Depending on how your browser is set up you may have to scroll down to the keywords. I found it helpful to browse through the categories to get a feel for what R can do.

Assuming you meant v <- c(NA, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

then

v[!is.na(v)]

An introduction to R, Page 10 gives an example

> 2. how I can get input from the user?

Page 279 of the Full reference Manual
?readline

fun <- function() {
       ANSWER <- readline("Are you a satisfied R user? ")
       if (substr(ANSWER, 1, 1) == "n")
         cat("This is impossible.  YOU LIED!\n")
       else
         cat("I knew it.\n")
     }
fun()

> 3. can I read more than one data files in one program? and
> how i can write something to a file

Yes, The whole document R Data Import/Export is devoted to this topic. There are too many ways to answer this question.

> 4. how i can display/output something on the screen?

cat("something")
print("something")
plot(5)
plot(v)

Try searching for device in the Full reference manual, if you are interested in the various ways output mechanisms.

I think you need to be more precise in your question.