[R] proj() function for lm objects

Piet van Remortel piet.vanremortel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 16:15:40 CET 2005

Dear all,

I'm trying to find a clear explanation of what the 'proj(lm)' function
produces after having fit a linear model using 'lm'.   I find the help
page on the proj() function highly unclear (surely part to my limited
knowledge of statistics).  Can anybody provide a pointer to a clearer
explanation, preferable containing some examples of the calculations
involved ?  More particularly, I am interested in the relation between
the coefficients produced by the 'coef()' function on an 'lm' object,
and the corresponding projections.

regards,

Piet

--