[R] Windows plots & fontsize

Halldor Björnsson halldor at vedur.is
Fri Jan 21 17:49:06 CET 2005

I recently wrote a package that runs on both Linux and Windows.
The functions fetch data to an SQL database and make diverse plots,
usually with many labels and annotations.

I recently noticed that on SOME windows computers the fonts
in the plots were too large, which caused labels to overlap.

On other windows computers this does not happen.
However on both computers the command par("ps") gives 12

Now, windows is not my forte, but it seems likely that this has to do
with some user/system settings. If so, my users would probably object to
me tweaking their windows setup since it might have an effect on other
programs.

One simple solution is to use par(ps=10), but I cannot find out how to
set this globally.

a) Does anyone know how I can set par(ps=10) by default on all figure?

b) Is there a windows specific way to set default fontsizes in figures?

Thanks,
Halldór