[R] mixed effects model:how to include initial conditions

christian_mora@vtr.net christian_mora at vtr.net
Fri Jan 21 15:44:52 CET 2005

Christoph,

If you take a look at journal articles related to this topic published elsewhere,
you will find that the most common analysis is:

model<-lme(growth~initialsize+block+treatment+....)

maybe it would be important to check if your model really needs the interactions
you pointed out. I would suggest to try simpler models first....which generally
work OK in analysis of growth of plants, trees, etc

CM