[R] glm and percentage data with many zero values

Gregor GORJANC gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Fri Jan 21 13:05:21 CET 2005

A hint.

You might try with ZIP i.e. zero inflated poisson model. I did not used it,
but I have such data to work on. So if there is anyone hwo can point how to
do this in R - please. There is also a classs of ZINB or something like
that for zero inflated negative binomial models.

Actually I just went on web and found a book from Simonoff "Analyzing
Categorical Data" and there are some examples in it for ZIP et al. Look
examples for sections 4.5 and 5.4

http://www.stern.nyu.edu/~jsimonof/AnalCatData/Splus/analcatdata.s
http://www.stern.nyu.edu/~jsimonof/AnalCatData/Splus/functions.s

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
     Gregor GORJANC

University of Ljubljana
Biotechnical Faculty       URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si
Zootechnical Department    mail: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si
Groblje 3                  tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
SI-1230 Domzale            fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888
Slovenia