[R] Creating a custom connection to read from multiple files

Tomas Kalibera kalibera at nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Jan 20 09:59:20 CET 2005

Hello,

is it possible to create my own connection which I could use with
read.table or scan ? I would like to create a connection that would read
from multiple files in sequence (like if they were concatenated),
possibly with an option to skip first n lines of each file. I would like
to avoid using platform specific scripts for that... (currently I invoke
"/bin/cat" from R to create a concatenation of all those files).

Thanks,

Tomas