[R] how to call R in delphi?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Jan 19 10:10:18 CET 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:12:07 +0800, "YiYao_Jiang"
<YiYao_Jiang at smics.com> wrote :

>Dear All:
>
>Now I am writing  program in delphi , found it is very convenience to do anova, T-test, F-Test, etc in R , how to call R in delphi? Thsnks.

Tom referred you to a post about the COM interface.

You can also do some of what you want with direct calls to R.dll.  See
the "R API: entry points for C code" section of the Writing R
Extensions manual.  If you're unfamiliar with calling C entries from
Delphi, my web page
<http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software/compilingDLLs/>
might help, though it is aimed at writing DLLs, rather than using
R.dll.

But that's another option:  let R be in charge, and just add some
functions in a DLL written in Delphi.

Duncan Murdoch