[R] find source code

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Mon Jan 17 16:32:50 CET 2005

> From: TEMPL Matthias
>
> But how can I see the *documented* source code in Windows? I
> think i.e.
> in the /flexmix/library/man/all.rda file is the documented(?) code for
> all functions of Package flexmix, but the standard Windows XP cannot
> open .rda files correct.
>
> Is there a way to read the documented source code of a function under
> Windows and R2.0.1?

Do you mean `commented' rather than `documented' (i.e., having a help page)?
If so, I believe the only guaranteed way of doing that is by getting the
package _source_ (i.e., the .tar.gz file) from CRAN and read the file in the
R/ subdirectory after unpacking.  This has nothing to do with
hardware/software platform.

.rda files are really only readable by R, regardless of platform, and R on
Windows doesn't behave differently than on other OS in this respect.

Andy