[R] Omitting constant in ols() from Design

Tobias Muhlhofer t.muhlhofer at lse.ac.uk
Mon Jan 17 15:57:33 CET 2005

Hi!

I need to run ols regressions with Huber-White sandwich estimators and
the correponding standard errors, without an intercept. What I'm trying
to do is create an ols object and then use the robcov() function, on the
order of:

f <- ols(depvar ~ ind1 + ind2, x=TRUE)
robcov(f)

However, when I go

f <- ols(depvar ~ ind1 + ind2 -1, x=TRUE)

I get the following error:

Error in ols(nareit ~ SnP500 + d3yrtr - 1) :
         length of dimnames [2] not equal to array extent

same with +0 instead of -1.

Is there a different way to create an ols object without a constant? I
can't use lm(), because robcov() needs an object from the Design() series.

Or is there a different way to go about this?

Tobias Muhlhofer