[R] pair() and X11 fonts error

John Dougherty jwd at surewest.net
Sat Jan 15 08:29:15 CET 2005

I am encountering an font error when using either plot() or pairs() for a
scatter plot matrice under some circumstances.  For instances pairs(hills)
using the "hills" data set in MASS results in the following error:

"Error in text.default(x, y, txt, cex = cex, font = font) :
        X11 font at size 16 could not be loaded"

However pairs(iris) works fine.  Since the iris data set contains considerably
more variables than hills, I am at sea regarding the correction.

JWDougherty