[R] Graph format: quality vs. file size

Jindan Zhou statistician at jindan.homedns.org
Fri Jan 14 00:11:00 CET 2005

Hello R-List,

The question is related to R, but not strictly:

I have generated a Q-Q plot with some 15,000 data points, when saved in
postscript format, the file became really large, which is not good to be
included in a LaTex file, as the output pdf file will be too big in file
size, too. If I save the graph in jpeg format, the quality is simply
unacceptable.

Do you have a workaround for this problem? What is the best graph format
in R that preserves the quality while minimizes the file size?

Thanks for input!

Jindan