[R] Re: multivariate diagnostics

Maria Rizzo rizzo at frognet.net
Thu Jan 13 18:08:09 CET 2005

Yulei,

There are tests for multivariate normality and for equal multivariate
distributions in the energy package. The reference mentioned in the help
file for the multivariate normality test is in JMVA March 2005 Vol. 93(1),
58-80.

Some other tests for multivariate normality include Mardia's multivariate
skewness and kurtosis tests, and the BHEP tests based on the empirical
characteristic function. I have R functions (not in an R package) for these
tests if you are interested.

Maria Rizzo