[R] coxph() and intervening events

BXC (Bendix Carstensen) bxc at steno.dk
Thu Jan 13 13:07:39 CET 2005

Unless you have repeated events per person, you do not need to
keep tack of which follow-up belongs to whom.

The likelihood contribution from the two parts is a product.

See any textbook on survival anlysis or p. 50 ff. of:
http://staff.pubhealth.ku.dk/~bxc/Melbourne/Staff/foils.pdf
or another of the zillion of survival/epidemiology lecture
notes on the net.

Best,
Bendix Carstensen
----------------------