[R] coxph() and intervening events

Vegard Andersen vegard.andersen at ism.uit.no
Thu Jan 13 12:51:44 CET 2005

Hello!

I am using the coxph() function for counting process data. I want to
include an intervening event as one of my covariates. In order to do this
I have split the relevant observations in my data at the time of
intervention. But I have not found any way to "inform" coxph() of the id
of these observations. The result of this is that coxph() interprets the
split data as extra observations, which is wrong.
Do anyone have a suggestion on how to specify the ID of subjects
experiencing intervening events?
Or maybe other solutions on how to perform a cox regression including an
intervening event covariate?

Thanks in advance!

--
Best regards,