[R] (no subject)

Anne anne.piotet at urbanet.ch
Wed Jan 12 17:16:40 CET 2005

I think you will find all the doc in the help files
> ?factor()
  gets

   The function 'factor' is used to encode a vector as a factor (the
     terms 'category' and 'enumerated type' are also used for factors).
      If 'ordered' is 'TRUE', the factor levels are assumed to be
     ordered. For compatibility with S there is also a function
     'ordered'.

     'is.factor', 'is.ordered', 'as.factor' and 'as.ordered' are the
     membership and coercion functions for these classes.

Usage:

     factor(x, levels = sort(unique.default(x), na.last = TRUE),
            labels = levels, exclude = NA, ordered = is.ordered(x))
     ordered(x, ...)
etc...

c'est une  variable de type catégorique! whose levels (values) are strings

To get help:
type ?functionname
or if you are under Windows see the menu "Help\Html help" and look under
Packages. What you will want first are the "Base" and "Statistics" packages

Anne