[R] Kolmogorov-Smirnof test for lognormal distribution with estimated parameters

Vito Ricci vito_ricci at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 17:06:41 CET 2005

Hi Kwabena,

in addition to my preview reply:

you can use some normality test included in nortest
package transfroming log-normal data in normal data
using log-transformation.

See:
http://cran.r-mirror.de/src/contrib/Descriptions/nortest.html

ad.test  Anderson-Darling test for normality
cvm.test Cramer-von Mises test for normality
lillie.test Lilliefors (Kolmogorov-Smirnov) test for
                     normality
Pearson.test Pearson chi-square test for normality
sf.test    Shapiro-Francia test for normality

Best Regards,

Vito

you wrote:

Hello all,

Would somebody be kind enough to show me how to do a
KS test in R for a
lognormal distribution with ESTIMATED parameters. The
R function
ks.test()says "the parameters specified must be
prespecified and not
estimated from the data" Is there a way to correct
this when one uses
estimated data?

Regards,

Kwabena.

Kwabena Adusei-Poku
University of Goettingen
Institute of Statistics and Econometrics
Platz der Goettingen Sieben 5
37073 Goettingen
Germany
Tel: +49-(0)551-394794

=====
Diventare costruttori di soluzioni
Became solutions' constructors

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze
the scientific learning process."
George E. P. Box

Top 10 reasons to become a Statistician

     1. Deviation is considered normal
     2. We feel complete and sufficient
     3. We are 'mean' lovers
     4. Statisticians do it discretely and continuously
     5. We are right 95% of the time
     6. We can legally comment on someone's posterior distribution
     7. We may not be normal, but we are transformable
     8. We never have to say we are certain
     9. We are honestly significantly different
    10. No one wants our jobs

Visitate il portale http://www.modugno.it/
e in particolare la sezione su Palese  http://www.modugno.it/archivio/palese/