[R] Multiple comparisons following nlme

Rogers, James A [PGRD Groton] James.A.Rogers at pfizer.com
Tue Jan 11 16:08:12 CET 2005

> I need to do multiple comparisons following nlme analysis (Compare
> the effects of different treatments on a response measured
> repeatedly over time;
> fixed = response ~ treat*time).

I don't believe there exists a nice interface for doing this, but you can do
it "by hand". You need to obtain the point estimates of contrasts of
interest, and the estimated covariance matrix for those estimates. You can
then use these as arguments to csimint() in the multcomp package.

--Jim

James A. Rogers
Manager, Nonclinical Statistics
PGR&D Groton Labs
Eastern Point Road (MS 8260-1331)
Groton, CT 06340
office: (860) 686-0786
fax: (860) 715-5445

LEGAL NOTICE\ Unless expressly stated otherwise, this messag...{{dropped}}