[R] Graphical table in R

Dan Bolser dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 11 15:59:12 CET 2005

On 10 Jan 2005, Peter Dalgaard wrote:

>Dan Bolser <dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Cheers. This is really me just being lazy (as usual). The latex function
>> in Hmisc allows me to make a .ps file then grab a screen shot of that ps
>> and make a .png file.
>>
>> I would just like to use plot so I can wrap it in a png command and not
>> have to use the 'screen shot' in between.
>
>A screen shot of a ps file? That sounds ... weird. If you can view it,
>presumably you have Ghostscript and that can do png files.

The thing is the ps file has teh wrong size, so I end up with a small
table in the corner of a big white page (using imageMagick convert
function).

I havent tried ghostscript (don't know the cmd).

I could set the paper size correctly if I knew the size of my table, but I
don't know how to calculate that before hand and feed it into the latex
commands (Hmisc).

Seems like I should roll my own table with the plot command and
'primatives' (like the demo(mathplot)) - I just hoped that someone had
already done the hard work for me and I could type something like...

plot.xtable(x)

x = any R object that makes sense to have a tabular output.

Seems like such a function done correctly could be usefull for helping
people write up (hem) analysis.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

Dan.