[R] R-etiquette

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Jan 10 13:34:27 CET 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:03:33 +0100, "Anne" <anne.piotet at urbanet.ch>
wrote :

>well, all  these responses address part of my question!
>- what about citing people who helped with comments/ suggestions even code
>on the list? I do think they deserve aknowledgement!

Mention them in an acknowledgments section at the end of the paper.
You can cite them as "personal communication" or something similar if
you want to credit them with being the originators of some important
idea, but usually citations are supposed to be an aid to the reader to
find support for claims you make in your paper, or other related
information.

Duncan Murdoch