[R] R packages on Mac

David L. Van Brunt, Ph.D. dlvanbrunt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 15:46:33 CET 2005

I use R on Mac OS X and always install packages from Source. Never had
a problem with that. Not sure if it matters, but I also have Fink
installed as well as the Developers package that comes free with OS X,
so all the various compilers are there.

It's not diffiicult at all, and the OS X interface for R is really
very, very nice... much like in SAS or SPSS, you can now select a
piece of code in the editor, and send it right into R for execution.