[R] configure error for R-2.0.1

Sivakumar Ramagopal ramagopa at etek.chalmers.se
Fri Jan 7 14:23:42 CET 2005

Hi List,

I'm trying to build R-2.0.1 on and AMD64/Linux (Suse 9.1) and I get the
following error while running the configure script.

checking for dummy main to link with Fortran libraries... none
checking for Fortran name-mangling scheme... lower case, underscore, extra
underscore
checking whether g77 appens underscores to external names... yes
checking whether mixed C/Fortran code can be run... configure: WARNING:
cannot run mixed C/Fortran code
configure: error: Maybe check LDFLAGS for paths to Fortran libraries?

I have gcc-3.3.3.

Regards,
Shiva