[R] rbugs in linux

Ian Wilson I.Wilson at maths.abdn.ac.uk
Thu Jan 6 19:47:49 CET 2005

On my machine  (SuSE 9.0) the following works.

schools.sim <- rbugs(data=schools.data, inits, parameters,
                     schools.bug, n.chains=3, n.iter=1000,
                     workingDir="/home/ijw/.wine/fake_windows/temp",
                     bugs="/windows/c/Program
Files/WinBUGS14/WinBUGS14.exe",
                     bugsWorkingDir="c:/temp",
                     useWine=TRUE,
                     debug=TRUE)

I found that you have to put the *nix path to the winBUGS binary
rather than the windows path (which is suggested by the rbugs
article in RNEWS).

If you use

denug(runBugs) you can examine the call to winbugs that is made (and
try it from a command line).

Ian Wilson