[R] "labels" attached to variable names

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Thu Jan 6 15:40:07 CET 2005

Hi,

Can we attach a more descriptive "label" (I may use the wrong
terminology, which would explain why I found nothing on the FAQ) to
variable names, and later have an easy way to switch to these labels in
plots? I fear this is not possible and one must enter this by hand as
ylab and xlab when making plots.

Thanks in advance,

Denis Chabot
Denis Chabot, Ph.D.
Chercheur en bioénergétique           Bioenergetics researcher
Institut Maurice-Lamontagne             Institut Maurice-Lamontagne
Pêches et Océans Canada                Fisheries & Oceans Canada
CP 1000, Mont-Joli, QC                      PB 1000, Mont-Joli, QC
G5H 3Z4                                                G5H 3Z4
Canada                                                  Canada

(418) 775-0624			         (418) 775-0624
http://www.qc.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/iml