[R] variance of combinations of means - off topic

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Jan 5 19:23:31 CET 2005

      I know two standard ways to approach this.  The traditional
approximation is called the "delta method";  it uses a Taylor series
approximation, usually of first order but could be higher.  Googling for
"delta method" produced several useful hits just now.  The second method
is Monte Carlo.

      hope this helps.  spencer graves