[R] hist.POSIXt filled bars - axis color changes

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Jan 5 16:14:32 CET 2005

Janus Larsen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm plotting a histogram of dates and would like to shade the bars, e.g.
> hist(.leap.seconds,"years",col='gray',freq=T)
> -but the axis color also changes, how do I prevent that?

Looks like that's not very easy with the current implementation, see the
code in graphics:::hist.POSIXt
Either write your own function along the code mentioned above (and
consider to contribute your improvements, or use the following (more or
less ugly) workaround:

   hist(.leap.seconds, "years", col='gray', freq=TRUE, axes=FALSE)
   hist(.leap.seconds, "years", freq=TRUE, add=TRUE)

Uwe Ligges