[R] warnings and errors with R CMD INSTALL

thomas tom_hoary at web.de
Wed Jan 5 00:59:23 CET 2005

Hello,

Am Dienstag, den 04.01.2005, 23:25 +0000 schrieb Prof Brian Ripley:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, thomas wrote:

> > I followed RNews 3/3 and used:
> >
> > 1. R CMD INSTALL package_version.tar.gz
> >
> > and
> >
> > 2.options(CRAN="http://umfragen.sowi.uni-mainz.de/CRAN/")
> > install.packages("pkg1". "pkg2")
> >
> > Both approaches end up i.e.:
> >
> > WARNING: invalid package 'pkg1.tar.gz'
> > ERROR: no packages specified
>
> But there is no package `pkg1' on CRAN.  Try a real name like
>
> install.packages("tree")

Well, of cause I didn't want install pkg1 or pkg2,
the precise commandline was:

1. R CMD INSTALL epitools_0.3-3.tar.gz

and

2.  install.packages("accuracy", "zoo", "abind")

Sorry for being so unclear in my first message! I did take the package
names from R-CRAN website, copied and pasted to commandline

Thanks
Thomas