[R] Problems with downloading

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Feb 28 11:56:20 CET 2005

Maria Befring Hovda wrote:

> Hello
> I'm using your program R in a course I'm taking at the University of
> Oslo, and thereby I need to download it to my PC. Unfortunately I do
> have some problems, I do not know whish files to download and how I do
> it. Can you please send me a list of what to download and a like where
> to find it?

Either ask your supervisor or look at CRAN. You can compile from sources
yourself, so get the sources from CRAN, or try to get a binary
corresponding to your operating system. We do not know anything about
your operating system ...
If my guess that you are working under Windows is correct, also Google
(looking for "CRAN R Windows binary") points to the same diretory that
one finds when navigating through CRAN.

Uwe Ligges