[R] bias of a boot statistic

K. Steinmann Katharina.Steinmann at stud.unibas.ch
Wed Feb 23 11:42:05 CET 2005

Question:
How can I get access to the bias value of a boot statistic?

Details:
Boot function:
 boot(data, statistic, R, sim="ordinary", stype="i",
           strata=rep(1,n), L=NULL, m=0, weights=NULL,
           ran.gen=function(d, p) d, mle=NULL, ...)

When I create an object, containing the bootstrap statistic (object <- boot
(....))I can call it and will get an output with t, bias and standarderror as
follows:
Bootstrap Statistics :
    original  bias    std. error
t1*     5.65    0.01   0.9134185

My question is now, where is the value of the bias stored? How can I get access
to this value to do further caluculations?

Thanks,
K. St.