[R] Run Sweave and LaTeX directly from command line

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Tue Feb 22 23:30:18 CET 2005

There are two main TeX distributions for Windows, MiKTeX and
fptex.   texi2dvi.exe ships with MiKTeX but not fptex.
I think fptex has a texi2dvi UNIX shell script that in principle
could be used with the Cygwin shell on Windows though I have
never tried it.  Because of that MiKTeX is really the only
one of the two distributions that fully supports R although
many people who use R on Windows apparently use fptex and it
does not give problems apparently provided you don't get into
currently lesser used features such as vignettes (althoutgh that
may change).