[R] Two-factorial Huynh-Feldt-Test

Bela Bauer bela_b at gmx.net
Mon Feb 21 12:09:02 CET 2005

Peter Dalgaard wrote:
> Bela Bauer <bela_b at gmx.net> writes:
>> >My suspicion would be that it has something to do with calculating the
>> >correction terms before or after contrast transformations (there must
>> >be a coordinate-free version of the corrections?), but I can't grok
>> >the details that easily.

It turns out now that the error is caused by a completely different
problem: I had a small mistake in my code, which caused an error in the
calculation of the cell means for the covariance matrix. I fixed it and
now I'm getting the same H-F and G-G values as SAS. Sorry for the
confusion...

I'm still looking for an efficient way to print the new summary. Is
there any easy way to tell the summary or print functions about the
corrected degrees of freedom?

>> >However, if you peek over on the R-devel
>> >list, you will see that I was just about to get serious with
>> >programming some of this stuff as methods for the "mlm" class. I think
>> >you just volunteered to test the code...
>>

>>I'd be happy to do that. I've subscribed to R-devel following your
>>last email, but I can't seem to be able to find the thread that you're
>>referring to. Could you forward the relevent messages or the code to
>>me?
>

> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2005-February/032240.html
>
> (No code as yet, it is just an outline)

Well, if you're interested in my (corrected) code, I'll be happy to
forward it to you. I'll also try to follow the development in R-devel
and I'll be happy to test the code once it's ready.

Thanks again

Bela