[R] bug in example(hist)?

T Petersen Innkeyp-r at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 20:54:05 CET 2005

Alright. I typed

 > example(hist)

and I get (one) botched histogram with the title "WRONG diagram", while
the other four diagrams won't run. I've tried to type

 > par(mfrow=c(2,3))

to see if I can get displayed the other diagrams, but there's still just
the "WRONG diagram"-histogram. If I comment out the last two lines of
the example(hist)-script

#hist> hist(islands, br = c(12, 20, 36, 80, 200, 1000, 17000),
#    freq = TRUE, main = "WRONG histogram")

the other diagrams come out fine.

Anyways, it's a small issue, but it just caught me off guard, as I'm a
newbie trying to get into R...

My version of R is 2.0.1 and I'm running Windows XP.

Cheers

T Petersen