[R] R GUI for Gnome?

Tom Colson tom_colson at ncsu.edu
Sat Feb 19 21:28:04 CET 2005

 Just installed R 64 Bit precompiled binaries on Fedora Core 3 (Kernel
2.6.10)....http://cran.stat.ucla.edu/bin/linux/redhat/fc3/x86_64/R-2.0.1-0.f
dr.1.x86_64.rpm

And R seem to start right up. Problem....I a windows slave...and miss the
handy R gui that come with the windows version (for doing repetitive tasks
like loading packages and changing directories).

If I try R -g XLL...it still starts in the terminal mode. R --gui-gnome
returns GNOME GUI not available in this verions.

A read of the manual reveals that I must compile GNOME Support with
./configure --with-gnome.

But I'm at a loss as to how to configure/compile R for 64 Bit using the
source.

Thanks.