[R] gbm

WeiWei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 23:36:29 CET 2005

Hi, there:

I am always experiencing the scalability of some R packages. This
time, I am trying gbm to do adaboosting on my project. Initially I
tried to grow trees by using rpart on a dataset with 200 variables and
30,000 observations. Now, I am thinking if I can apply adaboosting on
it.

I am wondering if here is anyone who did a similar thing before and
can provide some sample codes. Also any comments on the scalability
and feasiblity is welcome.  Also, is there any limitation on the
requirement of data, like any categorical variable cannot have more
than 32 levels. Is there anything like that?

Thanks in advance,

Ed