[R] Getting *types* of arguments?

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Thu Feb 17 12:36:06 CET 2005

Not to my knowledge.  In some cases an argument to a function can take on
different types, especially S3 methods.  The only sure way is to read the
help page (or if necessarily, the code).

This is one thing that stumbles me sometimes:  Some help pages describes
what the argument does, but not what it needs to be.  In some cases it may
be obvious, but not all...

Andy