[R] Rmpi - cluster with no name

balbo@programmer.net balbo at programmer.net
Wed Feb 16 16:45:32 CET 2005

Hello everybody, thanks for help.
I'm having this problem using the package Rmpi.
I run R with mpi and then I load the library
'Rmpi' and 'snow'. But when I try to create the cluster:

mycluster <- makeCluster(2)

I get this error

Error in makeMPIcluster(spec, ...) : a cluster already exists 1

The first time I did this was ok, but I didn't link the created
cluster to any object, to see if it worked I just tiped:

makeCluster("name")

So, now, I think I have this cluster. But since it has no name I
cannot communicate with it. I can't even remove it
or just link it to an object I can handle with.

I checked all the documentations but I couldn't find anything useful.