[R] phi correlation

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Feb 16 13:57:55 CET 2005

Nicole wrote:

> Hello my big problem is, i can´t find the phi-correlation instruction in the
> R -  programm. (correlation method= spearman, pearson, kendall,  I have
> found)
>

> I also cant find the transform instruction which I can transform rational
> vector into nominal vectors (binary)
>
> Transforming into ordinaI I  have found with the "rank" instruction, but I
> have no found into nominal dates.
>

> Please help me .
>
> I need it for an examination !!!

So what? Time to do your homework, isn't it?

phi: it is the same as pearson for a 2x2 table of dichotomous/binary
data. Should be written in any basic textbook on descriptive statsitics.
Do your homework!!! I really dislike these triple exclamation marks.

nominal: Well, try factor() or as.character(), or whatever .... depends
on your aims....

Who are you? "Adolf Pessernig", or "nicole.raschun"???

Uwe Ligges