[R] R: ridge regression

Clark Allan Allan at STATS.uct.ac.za
Wed Feb 16 13:38:44 CET 2005

hi Andy and other r users

i never gave the full picture.

beta(j)= std(y)*betaridge(j)/std(x(j))	for j=1,2,...p

but beta(0) = ybar- sum( i= 1 to p, betaridge(i)*xbar(j) )

note that ybar and the xbars are estimated parameters.

we can split the covariance matrix into three sections namely:

1. var(beta(0))
2. covar(beta(0), other betas) and
3. covar(other betas)	, (this is your answer, which was correct)

but now i need var(beta(0)) and covar(beta(0), other betas)

any suggestions!