[R] reading a 40kb csv file in R

Mulholland, Tom Tom.Mulholland at dpi.wa.gov.au
Wed Feb 16 02:05:13 CET 2005

I think you may need to check the list for posts relating to "memory", "large datasets", etc

It would help those on the list, if you gave more details about the machine you are using. Given the vintage of R you areusing is considered quite old, there is the possibility that you are using a machine with 256 Mb of RAM in which case it is likely you have hit a barrier that requires you to think about alternative ways of processing your data.

The reason I suggest you serach the posts yourself rather than give advice is that there are many possibilities which depend on information you have that I don't, about other software you have such as sql databases or you may understand better than I do some of the posts about sparse matrices.