[R] reading a 40kb csv file in R

Mulholland, Tom Tom.Mulholland at dpi.wa.gov.au
Wed Feb 16 02:05:13 CET 2005

I think you may need to check the list for posts relating to "memory", "large datasets", etc
 http://cran.r-project.org/search.html

It would help those on the list, if you gave more details about the machine you are using. Given the vintage of R you areusing is considered quite old, there is the possibility that you are using a machine with 256 Mb of RAM in which case it is likely you have hit a barrier that requires you to think about alternative ways of processing your data.

The reason I suggest you serach the posts yourself rather than give advice is that there are many possibilities which depend on information you have that I don't, about other software you have such as sql databases or you may understand better than I do some of the posts about sparse matrices.

Tom