[R] special symobol / character

Eric Lecoutre lecoutre at stat.ucl.ac.be
Tue Feb 15 08:53:51 CET 2005

Hi Matthew,

Most systems allow to enter any ASCII (or extended ASCII) character
directly using a key combination.
Accessing ANSI charcaters under Windows is possible with:
ALT+0xxx (press ALT, hold it down, press 0 and the number of the character,
release ALT)
Thus: ALT+0137 makes: ‰
The future seems promising with the Unicode support: kudo R core team!

Eric

At 08:23 15/02/2005, FISCHER, Matthew wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>     Is it possible to add a permil (or per mille) symbol to
>an R plot (I couldn't find this symbol under demo(Hershey) or
>the plotmath information).
>
>In some ascii tables it is symbol no. 137.
>
>cheers,
>
>Matt.

Eric Lecoutre
UCL /  Institut de Statistique
Voie du Roman Pays, 20
1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Belgium

tel: (+32)(0)10473050
lecoutre at stat.ucl.ac.be
http://www.stat.ucl.ac.be/ISpersonnel/lecoutre

If the statistics are boring, then you've got the wrong numbers. -Edward
Tufte